Tuesday, November 17, 2009

November 4th 2009

Alrighty! What a week this has been.
A lot of miracles have happened, but a really sad a tragic thing occured. We went over to our recent converts house on Thursday the 29th of October and she plays on facebook a lot. There's a young couple in our ward who has 2 kids, 8 and 5, and he's a WONDERFUL musician!! He's so talented. Well he posted one of his songs on facebook and Tammy, our RC, showed it to us. We were all a little confused because the song sounded like him and his wife were gonna be seperated. But I knew that they were very happy and that they weren't getting a divorce. It was still a great song either way. His wife actually was diagnosed with Kromes disease (or something like that, I don't think that's how it's spelled) but she turned out to over come it and all is well. So Justin (the husband) has a great websight that tells about all of this and posts a lot of his music on there, WWW.JustinYoung.com, So please go and check it out. Well his wife went to a Halloween party on Friday with her two children, and at about 11 at night, a younger boy who was about to turn twenty one on Halloween day, volunteered to take her to the gas station to pick something up. She couldn't find her keys. Pulling out of the subdivision, they were hit by a car, she was thrown out of the back window and on to the road, and the car ended up in a ditch. She was instantly killed but no one else was even hurt. This has been a really hard for all of us to face. They are highly liked in the ward. GREAT FAMILY! So it's been a really sad and hard time. He funeral and viewing is this Friday and us missionaries have been asked to attend. Of course we would anyways, she was a friend of ours. The family is doing as well as they can. Their out look on it all is, "At least we know the truth and where she is." That gives them great comfort. Tears filled my eyes as I heard this aweful news. Brought back some sad times in my life, but also helped me to have joy becaue I too know and feel the comfort of our Heavenly Fathers plan for us. So that's the sad news that has happened. Please keep them in your prayers and definately check out his web sight. Things are posted on my facebook account as well. I had a friend do it for me out here.
On a brigher note, the work is great! We've found several new investigators to teach, which had been great because we haven't had much success in that department. We taught a lady named Juanita on Sunday and she was just so receptive and prepared to hear the gospel. We only had about 20 minutes to talk to her, but we shared a basic overview of our beliefs and the spirit was just so powerful! Many questions aroused in her mind, and she kept saying how she couldn't wait for us to come back.
We've had 2 experiences like that this week! The Lord is blessing us for our efforts!
We had a lot of fun last week carving pumpkins with the Elders! We had to be in at 6 on Halloween night, so we got to party it up a few days before.
Today Elder Lowry and I will be practicing for our musical number on Monday. We haven't had time to work on it much at all so I hope we can pull it off. He's VERY talented, so I'm sure he'll figure something out. I'll just be the annoying voice in the back round that no one wants to hear. LOL We're doing a remake to "I Feel My Saviors Love" We did it in a different key and tempo. It'll sound good if we have time to practice.
We're also teaching Melissa Cassavaw, the Schoppauls referred her to us. She's doing great! I think she'll probably be out next baptism. Her interest in wanting to learn has struck their daughter who is less active so hopefully we can get her active again as well. Tristen, there son, is doing really well. He's a less active we've been working with. We have it to where he'll teach us a lesson. So he has to spend a week preparing it then teach us about it. We really enjoy it, as does his parents! It's been great!
We're going on sister exchanges for the next couple of days. Sister McFarland is coming here with me and Sister Whetstone is going to Glouster with Sister Hiles (her MTC companion) So that should be fun. Well transfers are in 2 weeks. I have no idea what'll happen. Some think I'm leaving and others think I'm gonna stay and train. We'll see. Well I love you all! Have a great week!

No comments: